Winery Website Solutions for Small, Boutique & Micro Wineries
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are your rates so much less then other design studios?
- When you see the high rates charged by my competitors, it's usually because of high overhead due to running a brick and mortar business, proprietary programs developed in-house, and because many of the wine focused businesses operate out of Napa -- which is INSANELY expensive.
All this allows me to offer you quality solutions and AFFORDABLE prices.
- Work out of a home office in Eugene, Oregon, thereby avoiding both a high overhead and expensive cost of living.
- Focus solely on small, boutique and micro wineries so am already up to speed on the challenges you face in the Wine Industry and know your target market so I can design, organize and complete your website in a fraction of the time a non-Wine Industry company could.
- Am able to re-purpose many of my solutions such as the online wine club form and wine friendly eCommerce solution thereby keeping individual prices down.
- Use already existing popular software (such as WordPress and Zen Cart) as the foundation of my solutions so I never have the expense of creating a solution from scratch.
- I'm concerned about you working from a home office -- what happens if you give up the business or get hit by a bus?
- I've been working on the Internet since 1997 and because of my quality work, integrity, willingness to go the extra mile for my clients and affordable prices, I've kept most of the clients I started with almost 13 years ago. In that time, I've had two sons, seen good times and bad, and worked full time for King Estate -- all while continuing to service my existing clients. During that same amount of time I've also seen COUNTLESS brick and mortar Internet and design businesses crash and burn while I'm still going strong! So, brick and mortar does not necessarily mean longevity.
As to what happens if I'm hit by a bus -- I make sure my clients have all the various account information I have set up for them so if something happens to me, they'd be able to hire a new designer without missing a beat.
- Is your work as good as the more professional brick and mortar design studios?
- With my knowledge and experience of both the Internet and the wine industry, I am more then qualified to put together a website for you that would rival any of the winery websites created by the large design studios. In fact, the website I organized, designed and coded for King Estate back when I was working there placed #4 in Winery Website's Report Top 10 List for 2005 (this was out of over 2,200 winery websites and was the only one to place outside of California).
I also make sure to use industry standard software such as Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash and buy a new, top-of-the-line Dell PC every two years.
- I see you're located in Oregon -- do you only take on Oregon clients?
- The internet is a great geographic leveler and so I have clients all over the United States.
- After you build my site, will you still be around to help out when I have updates?
- I believe in building long relationships with my clients and so will be here to help you for as long as you need me.
- I want to be able to update my website myself -- can you help me with this?
- YES! Because an actively updated website can GREATLY help you develop visitor loyalty, I encourage my clients to update their own sites. To do this, I offer two, inexpensive solutions -- you can download and use Contribute to edit your site as easily as a Word for Windows document or use an online Content Management System which allows you to edit your site from anywhere. Contact me if you want more information on this.
- What hours/days do you work?
- My normal working hours are 10am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. However, I've been known to work 'un' normal hours and if you have an emergency will drop everything to help you -- even if it's Christmas morning or I'm out of the state on vacation! (This has happened before!)
- Are you the only worker at 4 the Grapes?
- No. Sometimes a client needs a design that is different from my normal style or needs a solution that calls for certain skills I don't possess and when that happens, I have several outside contractors I regularly work with to help me meet their individual needs.
- What is the best way to reach you?
- To help me concentrate on the project at hand, I often turn off my phone. So, the best way to reach me is via email. However, we can definitely schedule a phone conference so please list a range of times you can be reached and we'll go from there. (I usually schedule my phone conversations between 10:30am and 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
- But what if it's an emergency??!!! Wouldn't it be quicker to reach you by phone then email?
- I check my email WAY more then I answer my phone or check my voice mail. If you have an emergency, please put 'Emergency' or 'Urgent' or '911' in the subject of your email and I'll be sure to drop everything and attend to it immediately!